How Does Grand Slam Work?
The Maryland Grand Slam is a brand-new home purchase program for those wishing to purchase a home in the City of Baltimore. The programs, when used correctly, can result in up to $7,500 in down payment assistance, reduced interest rates, valuable federal income tax credits and waived loan fees for a true Grand Slam of home buying incentives. This program is designed to make it easy for first time home buyers who meet the qualifications to buy a home with as little cash out of their pockets as possible.
There are basic requirements in addition to the full qualifications:
- You will need a real estate agent in order to help you with the buying process in general and in finding a qualifying property. We run free weekday and Saturday morning workshops that have information available on the program. Our first time home buyer specialist agents are at the workshops — it is an informational, low pressure environment where you can meet, get your basic questions answered and connect with a real estate professional who can help you navigate this and other programs.
- You will need a lender who can help confirm your basic eligibility and will assist in meeting other basic requirements.
- You will need to have your basic eligibility checked for the program – being ‘eligible’ does not guarantee your approval. There are still general home buying requirements such as income, credit worthiness and employment that everyone must match up to.
Our Role in these Financing Programs and how we help you:
- Our firm is a private DC & MD real estate brokerage based in the U Street Corridor in Washington,DC. Our firm is a team real estate agents who love helping DC/MD/VA residents take their first step into home buying.
- It costs you no cash up front to use our Agents & expertise; if you find a home and qualify, we are paid a commission on the transaction just like any other real estate agent.
- Our agents are fully trained in Double Play and Triple Play as well as other area programs like My Home & My Home II in Prince Georges County. Plus, if you do not initially qualify for Triple Play or My Home, we can still potentially help you. There are other privately offered financing programs and assistance that help make homebuying easy.
Want to get more information on Grand Slam in a low pressure, interactive environment?
We offer free homebuyer workshops on weekends, and sometimes during the week after work in Washington, DC. To service the needs of Baltimore. Suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia, our agents are happy to meet with you via phone and email.
Email us at Info@UrbanLandCompany.com for assistance.
We have helped first time buyers purchase over $7.98 million in DC/MD/VA homes in the first 7 months of 2015 alone!